This weekend for International Women’s Day Weekend there are some incredible events and march’s taking place in London which we will be attending as a CLP. Below are details of all the events if you too would like to attend.
Saturday 7 March
Million Women Rise
- TIME of March: Meet from 12.30pm and set off at 1.15pm
- WHERE: Meet at Duke Street, London, W1U 1AT (next to Selfridges)CENTRAL LONDON .
- HOW: March to Trafalgar Square.
- A friendly access bus will be available within the march for you to access whenever you want
- Rally: Trafalgar Square : from 2.30/3pmh
- BSL interpreters will be available for the entire rally.
- WHO: All Girls, Women, and their children who want an end to male violence against women and girls in all its forms!
Full details of the event can be found here on their website.
War on Want, MARSM and Movimientos Present: WARA & Kallemi
Tickets for this event are £15 and can be purchased here
Sunday 8 March
On International Women’s Day on Sunday 8th March 2020, there will be two fantastic events in central London:
- an indoor rally at the Southbank Centre, London, from 12.00 to 1.15pm
- a march in central London from Whitehall Place (near Trafalgar Square) to Parliament Square, starting 1.45pm and ending 3.15pm
Tickets for the indoor rally are only £5 and can be purchase here. The march is free to join.
Hope to see you there!
We urgently need some volunteers to come and help out in our office over the next few weeks. We can provide full training and we are happy to organise sessions around you! If you are able to offer assistance with this invaluable work please email our chair David firstname.lastname@example.org
Our local K&C Foodbank urgently needs supplies. Below is a list of the items they need. The items highlighted in red are required most urgently. You can drop donations directly to the foodbank or alternatively, we will be collecting donations at our weekly stall on Portobello Road which we will drop off at the food bank.
Our stall is outside Tesco 224-226 Portobello Road from 10am-2pm every Friday. Please give what you can.
On Saturday the 6th of February a member of our community was subjected to a vicious racist attack at his place of work by six men in the Duke of Wellington Pub on Portobello Road. No one stepped in to help him and the police have failed to act swiftly. His family and friends are calling on all of the community to join them in a non violent protest outside of the Duke of Wellington Pub this Saturday the 22nd February at 8pm.
Please come out and support them if you are able to. We must stand up against racism in all of it’s forms. There is no place in Kensington for this type of hatred and bigotry.
Statement from Lancaster West Residents Association.